3443975 Radiator Info Request

-

ardentindustries

Reaction score
This is in a slant 6 Duster I recently bought. Upper hoses were pieced together so I assumed it wasn't correct for the car.
Weird thing is it has a passenger side lower hose outlet but one with the same number, currently on ebay shows a driver side lower hose outlet.

Is this indeed a 340 Duster radiator? If so, what are they worth? Holds water fine it seems but one of the brackets has some loose of the upper tank.

20231015_134507.jpg

20231015_134504.jpg

Hmmm? Slant six car with V8 radiator or V8 car with /6 engine swap?

It's becoming more and more of an odd duck....

Slant 6, original with 77k miles. Fender tag calls this out as well.

BUT...it has KH disc brakes and an 8 3/4" rearend under it. All seem to be original, no marks on nuts, no cleaned up grime, rear shoes srill have the Pentastar emboss on them, even undercoating on the hard lines at the frame rail.
I questioned it myself especially seeing the master cylinder that had two equal size reservoirs, but then read that the KH disc brakes used this style master cylinder.
Almost like it was deemed a 340 car and somehow got switched to a /6 car at the last minute. Seems weird...I was surprised to see the 340 radiator in it for sure.

Anyone have an idea of what it's worth? One on ebay is over $500 but I can't imagine that is reasonable.

I questioned it myself especially seeing the master cylinder that had two equal size reservoirs, but then read that the KH disc brakes used this style master cylinder
Front disk always used a large / small reservoir.

There was a towing package the would have an 8 3/4.

Disk are an option.

Have you checked your hidden body numbers to the fender tag to the vin?

My bet...

If fender tag, vin and hidden body numbers are all correct.

Then someone swapped out the slant and related parts for a V8.

Then when selling the car kept the V8 and put the slant back in.

Post a photo of the drive shaft particularly both ends and the weights

Front disk always used a large / small reservoir.

There was a towing package the would have an 8 3/4.

Disk are an option.

Have you checked your hidden body numbers to the fender tag to the vin?

I thought the same about the master but according to the guys in this thread, seems the manual KH discs had a master with same size reservoirs?
What is the correct master cylinder for manual disc

I'll look into the hidden body numbers and also the driveshaft. Whats the difference in the driveshafts that I am looking for?

This is in a slant 6 Duster I recently bought. Upper hoses were pieced together so I assumed it wasn't correct for the car.
Weird thing is it has a passenger side lower hose outlet but one with the same number, currently on ebay shows a driver side lower hose outlet.

Is this indeed a 340 Duster radiator? If so, what are they worth? Holds water fine it seems but one of the brackets has some loose of the upper tank.

View attachment 1716154154

View attachment 1716154155
Yep, @townsend is right on. 1971 A Body 22" 340 Both transmissions Heater only (no A/C)

I thought the same about the master but according to the guys in this thread, seems the manual KH discs had a master with same size reservoirs
I think the post is incorrect.

And I think 99% of people with factory front KH and manual OR power brakes will agree.

From the factory parts book (70-71)

Screenshot_20231016-123653.png

3461 178
Screenshot_20231016-124744.png

Nos master info

Screenshot_20231016-124410.png

Not sure on the master cylinder debacle. I replaced it with a large/small reservoir because it needed to be replaced and wanted the 15/16" bore.

Driveshaft has a taper on the rearend side, and a rectangle weight on the transmission side.

driveshaft.jpg

View attachment 1716154154

View attachment 1716154155
To answer your initial question on the value of the rad I believe $200 with the limited information on it.

Does the trans end look like this?

Screenshot_20231017-005654.png

If it does it should be at the diff end.

If it's not tapered on both ends it points to a modified drive shaft, leaning to a parts swap many years ago.

And I would agree to the 150 to 200 for the rad if the top and bottom tanks are in good shape and the core is functional.

-
Back