$350k to $400k Mustang?

-

rustycowll69

Reaction score
Oh, C'mon. On the national news they are talking about the (first) 64-1/2 Mustang sold, now restored, to be worth $350,000 to $400,000. That is such an exaggeration. Other than being a convertible and still owned by the original owner, there is nothing special about it. They sold 1.4 million of those things by the end of the '66 production year. They even showed a picture of it at around 60,000 miles and there was rust at every panel joint, and wheel opening, and the rear springs looked they were either shot, or the trunk was full of concrete.
It even appreciated $50k in one week, because they had previously claimed it to be worth $300k to $350k.
This has to be a FURD PR scam.

The first production model of any iconic vehicle will always bring top dollar. Collectors want them and will pay through the nose to own them. Market demand determines the price.

See what unrestored unmolested excellent original BOSS 429 Mustangs go for. The first year Mustang is an icon. It's the car that "started it all" as far as the unknowing public is concerned, so that makes them worth "whatever" people think they are worth. Just because you happen to be a Mopar person has no bearing on anything.

See what unrestored unmolested excellent original BOSS 429 Mustangs go for. The first year Mustang is an icon. It's the car that "started it all" as far as the unknowing public is concerned, so that makes them worth "whatever" people think they are worth. Just because you happen to be a Mopar person has no bearing on anything.
first of all. it's not the first Mustang built. Second, it is restored, not original. Third, it may not be the first one sold, just the earliest known to be sold so far. Fourth, it is a mustang. Mopar fan or not. they had all kinds of glaring problems. and we're pretty poorly constructed.

first of all. it's not the first Mustang built. Second, it is restored, not original. Third, it may not be the first one sold, just the earliest known to be sold so far. Fourth, it is a mustang. Mopar fan or not. they had all kinds of glaring problems. and we're pretty poorly constructed.
All of that doesn’t matter if someone pays the price to buy it. Get over it.

"as far as the unknowing public is concerned" Did you not see that quote, or are you just trying to dick up an argument where there is none? In case you need to know, that quote meant "us in the know car people know the early mustang was a POS"

The first mustangs were nothing more than Falcons.......and poorly executed ones. The Falcon was a much better car.

"as far as the unknowing public is concerned" Did you not see that quote, or are you just trying to dick up an argument where there is none? In case you need to know, that quote meant "us in the know car people know the early mustang was a POS"

The first mustangs were nothing more than Falcons.......and poorly executed ones. The Falcon was a much better car.
Just another Falcon, absolutely. With that I wholeheartedly agree.
The power steering on those things looked like it was cobbled together in somebody's back yard, with hoses always leaking and hanging down below the car.
The trunk floor was the top of the gas tank! When the Pinto came out with a similar design, they were roundly condemned as firebombs.
The backseats were basically vinyl stretched over the floor pan.
The fit and finish on them made Chrysler look like Bentleys by comparison.
Of course, the world is a big place, and there may be some numbskull who will pay that kind of money for it, but I doubt it. Not in my lifetime. Maybe Ford would pay for it, as a PR stunt, but a private party I doubt.

The power steering on those things looked like it was cobbled together in somebody's back yard, with hoses always leaking and hanging down below the car.
The trunk floor was the top of the gas tank! When the Pinto came out with a similar design, they were roundly condemned as firebombs.
Of course, the world is a big place, and there may be some numbskull who will pay that kind of money for it, but I doubt it. Not in my lifetime. Maybe Ford would pay for it, as a PR stunt, but a private party I doubt.
Well then, I guess you will just have to wait and see. What you want to believe doesn’t matter.

Once again, my point was over your head. Carry on.

Once again, my point was over your head. Carry on.
It seems to me that the OP is trying to petition a new reality because he doesn’t like the one that exists...for whatever reason.

The universe just doesn’t work that way.

Either try to understand why things are the way they are or just choose to ignore them...period.

Ranting against them has no purpose...like banging your head on a brick wall because you wish it wasn’t there.

It seems to me that the OP is trying to petition a new reality because he doesn’t like the one that exists...for whatever reason.

The universe just doesn’t work that way.

Either try to understand why things are the way they are or just choose to ignore them...period.

Ranting against them has no purpose...like banging your head on a brick wall because you wish it wasn’t there.
until somebody forks over the money for that thing, it is NOT reality. It's just cloud talk.

Ray Everham had an episode about this car on his show Americarna!!!

Pretty interesting story about it and it’s history behind it...she’s the original owner and it was her first car she ever bought!

PR stunt or not still a pretty cool backstory about it.

Ray Everham had an episode about this car on his show Americarna!!!

Pretty interesting story about it and it’s history behind it...she’s the original owner and it was her first car she ever bought!

PR stunt or not still a pretty cool backstory about it.

It is cool. There's also this.....

The Company Car: The Corvette That Started Summit Racing Equipment - OnAllCylinders

It's the story of how Summit Racing was founded by one Corvette. It's on display at the Ohio store. Really cool story.

Ask Tim Wellborn how much he's paid for some of the cars in his museum or sold them for because it was the first car with "this" option or the first car painted "this" color.

There's a buyer for every seat. We'll wait and see what this car sells for. Knowing a few high dollar Mustang collectors, I won't be surprised if it fetches close to the estimated price.

I have a buddy that a few decades ago when these Mopars could be found, he was always having the first of this, and 1 of 3 stuff! Seldom did I see anyone bite on it.
My wife pointed the Stand to me on news last night. I guess they call it human interest stuff!? AS soon as I can get my vin tag repoped with an early date, my 62 Lancer will be fore sale as the first road toad built!!???? Price is only $75,000.... JOKE!
Anyway, cool vert even if a stang!!!!

-
Back