355's to 391's how much does it help?

-
I've worked on that car and truck all winter! I need to start getting some projects done around the house for the wife? That really cool wife? The one I want to keep around!

Yeah, I already figured she is WAY too good for you. Better suck it up and get the honey do's done with a smile on your face. If she kicks you out I can rent you a room.

I've worked on that car and truck all winter! I need to start getting some projects done around the house for the wife? That really cool wife? The one I want to keep around!
That’s the duster right? Pretty cool car yeah 355 would be awesome with a good low range. stoker I was just courious if you remember true change

That’s the duster right? Pretty cool car yeah 355 would be awesome with a good low range. stoker I was just courious if you remember true change
No way of knowing that was the same time I put 200 mm stead of the 188 I believe that was a couple years ago also when I welded a roll bar in side and did a few other changes as well I think like 1.5 to 1 273 rockers to 1.6 to 1 Hughes rockers. 26 inch Street slicks to 28 inch full drag slicks could have offset everything?

On my old mild 360 combo, going from 3.55's to 4.10's picked me up half a second (14.0 to 13.5). Optimal gearing is combo dependent...every one is a little different.

Yep. Very true.

To the OP.... figure that change is going to make between 400-500 rpm difference at the stripe.
As an example an automatic car just hitting 6k at the stripe could be expected to run more like 6400+ at the stripe with the gear change.
I always figure 200-250 rpm per gear ratio..... 4.10 to 4.30.... 3.55 to 3. 73, etc..... it isnt exacting, but gives you a little idea. Some cars gear helps more than others

Yep. Very true.

To the OP.... figure that change is going to make between 400-500 rpm difference at the stripe.
As an example an automatic car just hitting 6k at the stripe could be expected to run more like 6400+ at the stripe with the gear change.
I always figure 200-250 rpm per gear ratio..... 4.10 to 4.30.... 3.55 to 3. 73, etc..... it isnt exacting, but gives you a little idea. Some cars gear helps more than others
Agreed

Last edited:
-
Back