360->408 Builds at High Altitude Help!

-
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am mapping out a 360->408 stroker build in Denver CO at 5500 feet. I have been playing around with Dynosim6 and the max horsepower I can seem to get at that altitude is ~450 HP naturally aspirated. Has anyone built any 500+ HP naturally aspirated small blocks at altitudes this high? If so what was your build? I am considering opting for a Paxton super charger system to get higher numbers. I would really like get over 500 HP and still have a streetable car (I do not plan on racing it just want to go fast on the road! haha)

Yup. Mother nature isn't giving you the boost pressure you need. Time for forced induction.

I lived in CO for about 15 years. "Up" there the only way to make real power is forced induction. You can build a big N/A engine but anyone with a turned-up boosted car will eat your lunch. I hated it lol, never got to the point where I could afford a Procharger for my 360.

Go for 12.5:1 comp ratio.

If you do that you might want to add water/meth injection. I found that the dryness and heat in summertime along with high ozone in the daytime offset to an extent the perceived detonation resistance of the lower air density.

-
Back