360 5 Speed Toyota

-

IRISH RT

Reaction score
While Im still sorting out parts for My 68 Valiant Rebel same as Plymouth 100,

Thought I would move an and get something else up an running , Was Working on this before the Smash in the Rebel

Have just built a 400hp 360, air gap roller rockers 10.5 comp my plan w is to bolt up a toyota W55 5 speed Manual, Probably 3.5 street geared rear end , I have ran this box before behind an inline six with over 300hp , and clutch an everything handled it once I got the right clutch plate ,

Just throwing it out there to see what you guys think

Yes Its going in an A Body Aussie

Thanx Irish

Sure! Why not?
Guys around here would put V8's in Mazda's since the rotoary engine wasn't enuff. The Mazda engine could screeeeam. But sometimes it was just easier to take that engine laying in wait and slam dunk it in instead of spending and re-learning something new.

I've seen it done with Chevy and MoPar engines.

Gonna be a lot of work to get a W55 to work. Input shaft is too short. I tried really hard, but it would have required a cnc mill to cut the bolt pattern direct into the back of the factory bell. Seen pictures of it done, but I wouldn't be surprised if the input was off center from the crank in the end. Too bad, too, as the W55 is supposed to be a sweet shifting trani, and I've heard they live pretty well too.

I ended up working on an R154. Might take a look at that. You can get a factory bell that bolts up, even. Do a search on here for "R154", you should be able to turn up a link to a thread on Moparts where a guy in Germany did it a couple of years ago. Heck, go to Moparts.com and search there, even.

OOPS I thought It was A Straight Bolt Up With An Aftermarket Alloy Bellhousing , I think I will Have to get out the Measuring Tape, It bilted up behind my Inline 6 and and I have just put a 727 behind that ????

OOPS I thought It was A Straight Bolt Up With An Aftermarket Alloy Bellhousing

:eek:ops:

Didn't even think about your location. There is an aftermarket bell that would probably work for you provided your right hand drive. Didn't work for me as the clutch fork is on the wrong side.

The W55 should have been a tip-off. We didn't get the W55 or W56 in the US, just the W58. Didn't even think about that when I first posted.

Sorry.

:eek:ops:

Didn't even think about your location. There is an aftermarket bell that would probably work for you provided your right hand drive. Didn't work for me as the clutch fork is on the wrong side.

The W55 should have been a tip-off. We didn't get the W55 or W56 in the US, just the W58. Didn't even think about that when I first posted.

Sorry.

Wouldn't a hydraulic clutch solve that problem?

Wylde1.

Wouldn't a hydraulic clutch solve that problem?

Wylde1.

Good question, don't think I even thought about that.

Due to the price, it wasn't even in the cards for me, and I probably tried to make myself feel better about it by telling myself it wouldn't have worked anyway. :-D

Yes I ran A hydraulic system before with slave cylinder attached to the clutch pedal , But now I want to use a Hydraulic Release Bearing in the shaft that the clutch fluid is directly plumbed into anyone got a brand or a part # Is there a standard toyota one you can get?????????????

That's rite interestin but I kaint understand all them big werds with the ejeekashun I got.

-
Back