360 balancer question

-

JimmyV

MOPAR!!
Reaction score
Hey guys running an external ballanced 360 here when rebuild had everything ballanced and all that good stuff. installed a b&m flex plate and had that ballanced with engine...so last night lost my ballancer on my car...i mean its still there but missing most of the rubber....whoooops!...any way i need a new ballancer..do i have to have the whole engine re ballanced now?? what ballancer do you guys recomend.. i would prefer not to yank engine and tear it all down but if i have to i have too....i used the stock ballancer with the engine build and had everything ballanced with my flex plate so that i could run a nuetrally ballanced converter? i need help..what should i do??

Thanks,

Replacing you balancer/damper with another one that's externally balanced should be close enough to not cause any problems. OEM tolerances weren't that close, but work ok.

Were you looking for a new/used OEM replacement or aftermarket?

I guess this is the original version 360, not the Magnum style?

I've been using Pioneer SFI neutral balancers on my internally balanced 360's. Nice unit made in Australia. I don't know where their OEM replacements are made.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...tBy=None&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=balancer

i just plan on getting an aftermarked one i looked at those pioneers...i just want to make sure im not going to destroy my motor..if i remember right (its been a few years since that motor was done) he didnt make any ballancing changes to dampner..just crank flex plate and piston/rods

-
Back