360 build cam choice

-

trbodrt

Reaction score
Here is the combo, street driven 360/904 in a 72 dart, stock stroke, stock crank, scat i beam rods, kb 107's zero decked, felpro .039 gasket, rhs heads from imm with 2.02 valves, rpm airgap intake, demon 750, 1.6 rockers, will have 3.73's and a 2800 stall. Now what would be the better cam choice for power, a lunati cam 60403 or a comp cams xe275hl. Just looking for different opinions before forking out the cash.

I would ask Brian what cam he recommends for his heads. Why are you running 1.6 rockers if you haven't decided on a cam yet? Just curious.

because of the loss in lift from bad pushrod geometry, brian recommended the xe275hl cam with the 1.6 rocker, he knows what he is talking about but i was just curious from build experience from others.

If that's the cam Brian recommended........

i assume a builder finds a cam that works and sticks with it, I was just wondering if someone has built something that made a difference, i'm open to a mechanical cam, not completely stuck on the ride being a total daily driver, but something i can take down to the local corner joint to get some breakfast and kick a ferraris ***! off the line.

-
Back