360 build !help!

-
Well the block was fully prepped,wisco pistons,o deck height,balanced rotating assy.Comp cam lift is .538/in .534 ex with the 1.6 rockers kicks up to 5.70 lift.Small enough to idle real nice,but real fun when foot peddled off the line. 2500 RPM tork,3;55 gears.Would spend the little extra cash now then try to rework the eddy later on-Brodix will still flow better if you were to rework them later on.Also look into roller cams-can get more lift with better idle.Cost more,but I believe its money well spent.The engine runs best at 2-5800 rpm.Is all done by 6000.

Ya i think you sold me on the eddie heads and that cam lol we shall see how they all perform in a couple weeks

I appreciate you entertaining my opinion Matt. But after all, it is just one opinion out of many ways to approach this. Just take as much time as you can, do as much research as you can, and look at other opinions, like ckdezert has given. Even with a little less spending on the short block, this is still quite a large investment, so just make sure you go in the direction that you're comfortable with.

Good Luck, Rick

Well the block was fully prepped,wisco pistons,o deck height,balanced rotating assy.Comp cam lift is .538/in .534 ex with the 1.6 rockers kicks up to 5.70 lift.Small enough to idle real nice,but real fun when foot peddled off the line. 2500 RPM tork,3;55 gears.Would spend the little extra cash now then try to rework the eddy later on-Brodix will still flow better if you were to rework them later on.Also look into roller cams-can get more lift with better idle.Cost more,but I believe its money well spent.The engine runs best at 2-5800 rpm.Is all done by 6000.

Thank you for posting your info. Looks real nice. :thumleft:

So many options and always so little cash.I really had a hard time figuring out what would work good for a street/strip combo.To small cam no fun,but works great around town.to big cam and/or carb runs like crap around town,but works great at the strip.When we go to car shows some of the nicest looking,best sounding cars run and smell Honorable because they are jetted soooo rich.Really like having the motor dyno-they can jet and properly break in your new motor-No flat lobes on your new cam!

So many options and always so little cash.I really had a hard time figuring out what would work good for a street/strip combo.To small cam no fun,but works great around town.to big cam and/or carb runs like crap around town,but works great at the strip.When we go to car shows some of the nicest looking,best sounding cars run and smell Honorable because they are jetted soooo rich.Really like having the motor dyno-they can jet and properly break in your new motor-No flat lobes on your new cam!

After saving up enough money to go pretty much any direction with a stock stroke 369 without forced induction I can tell you money doesn't make it easier. I saved up for a long time to have a more then comfortable budget for my build and I am still changing my mind on things.

Pick an approach and stick with it. :)

If it's going to be a stock low compression piston, advance the cam to get some cyl pressure and low end. It's not hard to get 400hp from a 360 now days.

There are some decent options if going to aftermarket heads, RHS X's/ede/pro comp are the least expensive of the LA family. Mildly porting the factory heads can work really well too.

I agree on a shorter duration cam, cut it on a narrower CL and install it advanced to get some grunt if a street car.

The tune up, initial timing, curve and total will make a HUGE difference in how a car runs at idle.

I wouldn't wait for the Victors. I think they may be a good head... BUT, they screwed up on the exhaust pattern... W5... WTF

i think im gonna go with the eddie heads a mild to the agressive side cam rpm intake and eddie 750 black carb ;) lol then if i ever wanta stroke it to 408 way down the road or somthing those parts will be a good bolt on set up for a decent stroker build besides the cam

An XE275HL would be a decent cam that would get you close. Get 1.6 rockers if going rollers

Dump the ede 750, run something different would be my suggestion.

Ede Air Gap, RPM performer or LD340 are really good intakes.

Carb, a 650-750 holley. If you want 400ish, go with a 750

-
Back