360 build ????s

-
Well I think you have done an absolutely great job! I have just got done reading this whole thread from beginning to end and at the beginning you were looking to learn more. Well, you're learning and you're actually working on your car, which i think is a good thing. I too have a four speed and the 410 rear end. I had a 318 in it and it had the same 280-474 cam. When I put a dual quad tunnel ram on it everyone said how bad it was going to run, I lost half second at the track! lol. Do as you want to do and take some of this advice with a grain of salt and other greats here on the forum like to take their authority and put people down because they work in a shop for a long time replacing stock parts and think they know everything. I think one guy said in another thread Quote haters will always hate. Again I think you're doing a great job and most important of all you're actually turning wrenches on your car and learning sometimes the hard way. FYI I blew the 318 up at the track last year and built the 410 stroker over the winter it was expensive but I forgot about all that when I got to put it in front of that for speed! :burnout:

Oh yeah and the cheapest half second at the track I lost was buying a used set of slicks off of Craigslist for 100 bucks and putting a jack and tire wrench in my trunk and changing into them for the track.

-
Back