360 build

-

furiousgeorge

Reaction score
I was considering going with fuel injection for my '75 Duster, but I'm way to lazy for all that work, so a rebuild of its 360 is in order. The engine is a '76, and came with a Wieand intake and a 650 Holley carb. I haven't opened it up yet (I have to get rid of the 318 from my truck, as its on the only stand I have) but the paint on it is really nice, and with the aftermarket parts, I think it may have been rebuilt recently, so wether or not its stock inside is unknown yet. I have a MoPar cam with 430/450 lift, and 260/268 duration, part 3 4452759. would this be a good choice for this application? The car is an auto, and I'm going to aim for 9.5:1 compression, with stock ported and matched heads and the Wieand/Holley set up with headers. I got the cam from a buddy last year when I did the 360 in my '81 D150, though I went with a different one in the truck, I still got this one laying around. He figured it was a good choice for a mild build. Thoughts?

Yeah, that's a real good cam. You could probably stand the one right above it....it's 450/455 lift and a tad more duration but since you already have that one,I would use it. That's a good one.

-
Back