360 engine rebuild kits

-

NorthernDart

Reaction score
Hello

I wish to rebuild the 360 engine on my 76 Dart. I am not planning to race it or anything of uber performance. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good basic rebuild kit?

PAW, SummitRacing and ManciniRacing all sell good rebuild kits.

i will most likely get the one for my 77 from summit... this is the part # for the one IF i dont have to bore the block...

FEM-MHP154-000

if i have to bore it it will be this # for the .030 over...

FEM-CSMHP814-311

hope this helps!!!

The pistons that come with the Summit kits are relatively low compression. Unless you deck the block you will still be less than 9:1.

I would go with Mancini. They will customize the kit to your needs. I subsitutued KB psitons for the kit pistons and the addtional cost was actually less than the difference between the stand alone proces of the two pistons sets.

dgc333 said:
The pistons that come with the Summit kits are relatively low compression. Unless you deck the block you will still be less than 9:1.

I would go with Mancini. They will customize the kit to your needs. I subsitutued KB psitons for the kit pistons and the addtional cost was actually less than the difference between the stand alone proces of the two pistons sets.

what he said. I have 10:1 with a compleate rebuild kit and KB pistons. and the motor screams. Of course. I zero decked and .030 over the block.

-
Back