360 flywheel or weights

-

HankRearden

Reaction score
I'm trying to help an old hot rodder that lives close to me.
He pulled the 225 from a d150 that has an overdrive a833 and swap in a 360.
He sourced an aluminum bell for the la bolt pattern but it won't accept the 11 inch flywheels he is finding for the 360.
He also has a 318 flywheel that fits in the bell

Is there a weight that can be added to the 318 flywheel?
If not where can he source a smaller 360 flywheel?

The dude is a legit hot rodder who has built lots of stuff but in his 80's he isn't quite as sharp or spry as he once was so it would be nice to help him out.

Last edited:
Works with 130 tooth Neutral Balance flywheel, for the 360 external balance engine.

Get yourself some 1/8" longer Flywheel to Crankshaft bolts.

Screenshot_20230914-085848_Firefox.jpg

20230914_085938.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

You guys are great. Thank you all.
I'm going to buy one of these weights and drop it off for him.

You guys are great. Thank you all.
I'm going to buy one of these weights and drop it off for him.
Those weight kits are for the McLeod billet steel wheels, they do not come with a print to mount them on a factory cast iron wheel.

Those weight kits are for the McLeod billet steel wheels, they do not come with a print to mount them on a factory cast iron wheel.
Not to argue, but when I used one from the same vendor, but for a 5.9 Mag, he included diagrams that included the locations (a tracing/rubbing, actually) for 5 different weights and locations- 340 cast, 360 LA, 5.9 Mag, 440 4/6 bbl., and B engine cast crank.
He also included the fasteners.
1694796139726.png

In my instance it worked out well.

Not to argue, but when I used one from the same vendor, but for a 5.9 Mag, he included diagrams that included the locations (a tracing/rubbing, actually) for 5 different weights and locations- 340 cast, 360 LA, 5.9 Mag, 440 4/6 bbl., and B engine cast crank.
He also included the fasteners.
View attachment 1716142027
In my instance it worked out well.
Back side of cast flywheels are not flat, and there can be some variations. The McLeod wheels have a stepped radius that the weight sets against, so the screws are not the only piece holding the weight in place. Factory flywheels are also thicker on the engine side of the wheel, make sure the weight doesn't hit the block.

Glad it worked out for you.

Back side of cast flywheels are not flat, and there can be some variations. The McLeod wheels have a stepped radius that the weight sets against, so the screws are not the only piece holding the weight in place. Factory flywheels are also thicker on the engine side of the wheel, make sure the weight doesn't hit the block.

Glad it worked out for you.
Very good info to know
thanks

-
Back