360 flywheel

-

farmer260

73 Dart Sport
Reaction score
i am looking for a 360 flywheel and i got an email from someone who has a flywheel but they are not sure if its off a 340 or 360! how can i tell?

I think a 360 flywheel has balancing holes drilled in the back of it. Also, one of my Mopar Performance books says a 360 Magnum uses a different flywheel than a 360 LA engine.

Here is the deal,go and buy a regular nuetral balanced flywheel and redrill the unit to 360 counter balance specs.To do this,you email me and I send you the specs and diagrams to do it.All you have to do is find a machinist with more than average thinking and labour skills and your home free,mrmopartech

well i can get a stock 360 wheel im sure of it! i already have a stock 318 flywheel! i just dont want something to happen to it when i put 425hp to it!!!

i searched for months for mine needing a 10.5" had no luck, forked out a little over $300.00 for one through mopar performance. i will have three drillings in the back of it, ive heard of people drilling non 360 flywheels but i wasnt willing to take chances i kinda live life by merphys law.

ya i hear ya! my 360 is going to be a HO engine with all new internal parts so i dont want to mess it up with a flywheel drilled in the wrong spot or not deep enough! i want everything to work together!

If you haven't built the motor yet I would have it internal balanced then use a neutral balance flywheel. This is the best case senario.

Chuck

It will handle 425 hp, you can buy it brand new through MP. just buy a good clutch and you will be home free.

the motor has not been put together yet and i was told the bottom end was balanced but the builder said i still need the 360 flywheel!

i just read your email regarding balancing a neutral flywheel for a 360 can you send me the info pls

-
Back