360 heads

-

tomt966

Reaction score
Can someone identify the year of manuf or whatever for a head P/N 3418915B. I just got this engine (340) and I believe it has 360 heads on it.
Thanks - Tom

All I can find under the valve cover, stamped on the head is that # and 03200 and either a 80 or an 08. Tom

I wish I could help but I'll I know are the numbers on the bottom of the head. I take it that the heads are still on the block, right?

The interchange book I have shows that casting as used on 70-71 340 sixpack and 72 340 and 360 Hope this helps.
Bruce

I had a '72 340 that came with 915 J heads, they have 2.02 intake valves and worked quite well for 50,000 miles on the engine when I it in my barracuda.

I later rebuilt that engine and used the X-heads off another engine, so I have them off of the car.

The early big valve J-heads are very similar to the X-heads, except for a slightly larger combustion chambers. The slight decrease in compression might actually be good thing for a street car nowadays.

I remember seeing you driving that car in traffic on route 301 about a month ago. Not often you see a 2 door post Dart with a bulge hood on!

Car looks very good!

I live in La Plata, Md a few miles south of Waldorf and race most Fridays during the summer with a 1973 Dart Sport at MIR.

If need any help identifying any other parts of that engine or another mopar, just drop me a PM. I am pretty busy, but have owned a few 340's over the past 25 years so I will always find time to look at a talk about mopars.

Bob

PS: I plan on being at the Mopar Eastern Classic at MIR next saturday, if you get down there look me up in the staging lanes.

-
Back