360 heads

-
What i found 360-73-74 188-160 or 340-73 188-160.Go to google type in sb mopar head numbers.

The numbers are AAWJ 360

3671587-6

thanks Jon

Just for your reference Jon heads are generally refered to by the last 3 digits of the casting number so yours are commonly known as 587 heads. They were used on 73~74 360's and 73 340's. Some had air pump holes drilled and some don't. They have 1.88 intake valves and 1.60 exhaust valves and the chamber cc is spec'd at 72cc's but just so you know most are a little more than that as cast so the advertised compression ratio is usually a little lower than rated. There really isn't much difference between any 340 or 360 head made between 73 and 76 that I could ever tell. All had the same valve sizes and ports were very similar and flow close to the same. All sb Mopar heads were decent in comparison to the offerings from other manufacturers of the same time era IMO.

Just for your reference Jon heads are generally refered to by the last 3 digits of the casting number so yours are commonly known as 587 heads. They were used on 73~74 360's and 73 340's. Some had air pump holes drilled and some don't. They have 1.88 intake valves and 1.60 exhaust valves and the chamber cc is spec'd at 72cc's but just so you know most are a little more than that as cast so the advertised compression ratio is usually a little lower than rated. There really isn't much difference between any 340 or 360 head made between 73 and 76 that I could ever tell. All had the same valve sizes and ports were very similar and flow close to the same. All sb Mopar heads were decent in comparison to the offerings from other manufacturers of the same time era IMO.

Thank you , that was exactly what I needed to know.

Cheers and merry Christmas from the great white north.

Jon

-
Back