360 help

-
You're going to need a 360 balanced torque converter or a B&m flexplate for a 904/360 combo and a neutral converter. Assuming this is a small block 904 case transmission.

It will with the correctly balanced torque converter or B&M flex plate a long as the trans is a 68 or newer. 67 and older 904's had a smaller register that fits into the crank so they'll bolt up with a newer engine but the improper mating of the crank to converter register will likely break something pretty quick

You're going to need a 360 balanced torque converter or a B&m flexplate for a 904/360 combo and a neutral converter. Assuming this is a small block 904 case transmission.
There is no such thing as a 904 big block case. 904's were only used on slant's and small blocks

Will a 360 that came out of an 86 with manual transmission work with my 904?
Fits like a glove. get the B&M 10239 flexplate (to maintain the OE external balance). look for a used one (cheaper) & they dont wear out. As said if the 904 is an early one get one of those spacers for the crank register. I've heard of people going without but I would do it right. Doug Dutra used to sell em then later wildcat auto did. EDIT I think someone on one of the /6 sites would know a source as they do alot of later /6's into earlier A bodies. I have one if you need dimentions to machine one.

Last edited:
-
Back