360 hydraulic lifter valve lash

-
OK Stroker, you can zing him now! I dealt with stamped rockers once., and ended up giving them to someone for free, went right for the proven 273 rockers and pushrods. Still run them and the same pushrods going on 3 cams now. I have since moved on to adjustable roillers but same deal. I can use these for many cams to come, not be stuck with one cam with custom pushrods and stamped rockers whos ratios are all over the board. Dont think of a hydro lifter as pumping up, think of it as back filling the slack with uncompressible fluid. You need a little preload so the piston of the lifter doesnt ever hit the snapring in operation. They are not designed to take that. So with a hydro and an adjustable rocker, get the lifter on the base circle with any method described here, and spin the pushrod in your fingers. Tighten the adjuster until you feel the slightest tension and then turn 1/2-1 turn (preload) more. Lock them down...your done. Eg. At 24 TPI, 1 turn = .040 preload, 1/4 turn =.010 preload. 1.5 turns =.060, get it? Measure your adjusters for TPI and use formula 1/TPI=preload per turn.

no no dont tie me to a tree just yet lol, yes pishta i gotchya! understood now. i was ata loss for minimum preload . ahh, the beauty of adjustables , next on my list . again thanks for cutting me a break here !!

i think we can put this thread to bed LOL

Well I don't have a choice but to run stamped rockers for now.......my problem is now I have to FIND some magnum rockers that will fit in my nonexistant budget. lol

-
Back