360 mag with X heads anyone?

-
What in the world makes you think it's a magnum? Its older probably, or if your lucky, it's a 92 360 which is a roller LA, and would have came factory with "308" heads
Oh ok thanks for clearing that for me. Are the 308 heads any decent? Not looking to do any major changes to this motor and trying to maximize with what I got. Willing to invest in the cam and springs just to make it sound better and have decent street power. Thanks for the info

The "308"s are supposed to be the best of the factory LA heads, but like magnum heads, there are often cracked. That engine will respond well to the typical hop ups, carb, intake, ect. If it's a roller block, a small hyd roller cam upgrade is easy also.

The "308"s are supposed to be the best of the factory LA heads, but like magnum heads, there are often cracked. That engine will respond well to the typical hop ups, carb, intake, ect. If it's a roller block, a small hyd roller cam upgrade is easy also.
Nice!, thanks for the tips. Yes I intend a small cam just to get the power up but nothing over 5300 I suppose. What valvesprings are the economic go’s, lol

Casting date, 25.6.92 so I suppose it’s a model year 1993 magnum block. Here’s a pic of the head uncovered. I slapped it together, going to wash it up and pull the intake off. Seems to be oiling through the rocker shaft. Pushrods have holes but rockers do not. Everything looks clean and well lubricated.

View attachment 1715734262
Those are 308 heads,duh.
If you had shown those big PR holes to begin with.. congrats.

-
Back