360 Magnum ECU ECM PCM part number

-

player1up

Reaction score
For those of you running a 360 magnum engine WITH stock efi stuff, what PCM part number are you using?
I've been searching, but have found tons of different part numbers for the things.
What are the differences?
The eninge I have is from a 99 Dakota R/T.

You need to have the ECM programmed to your specific vehicle. If you have the old one, there are places that with program them and "flash" them with the latest updates. If you try to use just any ECM, it won't work. At least that is what I've been told by numerous shops.

What's the motor going in? Are you running the computer controlled transmission? I am using a 727 with a ECU from a 1999 Ram 5 speed, pick-up truck. It doesn't have the security feature. I ordered it from a place out of Florida. The guy zero'd out the VIN and the milage so I will have no issues running my 2000 5.9 Magnum in my '68 Barracuda.

I also plan on reflashing the computer with an SCT tuner I bought from Hemi Fever to account for some performance improvements I made to the motor etc.

If you are interested I can post the part number and palce I ordered it from.

The motor is going into my 73 Duster without the use of the newer gauges, so no security option, but I will be running the computer controlled trans ( 46RE ) out of a 98 ram 1500.
Do you happen to have the number from the place you ordered your's from?

I understand the security thing ( anti theft fob in key ), but as long as it doesn't have that what would stop any PCM from any 5.9L from working? Does it have to connect to a body control module that has the vin stored?

-
Back