360 Magnum question

-

valiantwagon

Reaction score
I found a new in the crate 360 Magnum engine and I am thinking of putting it in my 4 speed Demon.
I did a little research on what needs to be done to install it in place of a standard small block.
Are there and cheap mods that can be made to it to bump up the performance? Was told that shaving the heads will make a noticeable difference, I believe these motors are about 9:1 compression stock. Looked into changing the cam and it looks like this can get a little spendy depending on the cam.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

If I were you, just install it and drive it. You don't have to jump into trying to keep up with the neighbor, so to speak. Anything you do is going to cost, money and time. There are a lot of stockers running around, and stockers run pretty well.

This combo,lays rubber everywhere. Some tuning,a 750 Holley recommended, .I like ,the 750 Edelbrock here.....(1407)......

Regrinds are popular for cams, bullet cams, oregon cams and hughes all do it. Bullet cams did mine for $250 shipped both ways. Congrats on coming to the light. They are awesome engines.

which 360 crate motor is it??
300 hp 320hp ?? 360hp ? or 380hp ??
not that it matters the 360 motors have enough torque to make it fun in any car,, even more in an A body

which 360 crate motor is it??
300 hp 320hp ?? 360hp ? or 380hp ??
not that it matters the 360 motors have enough torque to make it fun in any car,, even more in an A body

How do you tell which crate motor you have? Mine was in the car already when I bought it.

How do you tell which crate motor you have? Mine was in the car already when I bought it.

How many valve cover bolts? Do, the intake manifold bolts go into the heads ,straight or angled? Single plane ,or dual plane intake? Does it idle rough? We need more info,here.

Here's what is commonly done. Lose the fuel injection. Aftermarket heads, cam, intake and carb. Headers. Distributor. It is not exactly cheap. It gets you into the 400+ hp range.

when I bought my duster it had a 380hp crate magnum in it already with low miles. the only way you could beat it harder than I do is drag race it. it has been rock dependable. I will be dumping the carb and going Holley EFI though for autox duty. Mobil1 oil in and has never burnt a drop.

My 2001 360/300 crate has 33,000 miles and a couple hundred passes on it. Even with 125 HP hit of NO2 on most of those passes, it still runs like new. The Hughs roller cam really woke it up.

My 2001 360/300 crate has 33,000 miles and a couple hundred passes on it. Even with 125 HP hit of NO2 on most of those passes, it still runs like new. The Hughs roller cam really woke it up.

same here.uses no oil wahtsoever.i also put in a hughes her 1828 cam(228/544)helped a bunch

-
Back