360 Motor mount for a 72 k-member abody

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your car have a slant six or a v8 originally?

If it has a slant six k-member, then i have the conversion mounts you will need, without changing the k-member

mopar charlie

Hi my car is originally a 318 and have the 72-v8 k member and i dont have the originally 318 motor mounts either, i knew the tip wish putting some washers on the driver side but first i need the right motor mounts

I ordered them http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-62520/?rtype=10

but they dont fit for some reason, i think because they are to short and for another k-member

thx anyway Peter

They are not the correct engine brackets ( motor mounts ), you can order the correct motor mounts and engine brackets from schmaker creative services, seattle WA state

mopar charlie

Hey thx for the link, i saw the correct ones now, good to knew i will wait, maybe someone have used ones they are so expensive, if not i have to buy them

Thanks Peter

Peter: Here's the mistake you are making. There is a motor mount BRACKET (usually incorrectly called a "motor mount") and the actual "motor mount" which is the rubber insulator that bolts to the bracket. Auto parts stores sometime sell the rubber insulator. You need the correct BRACKETS.

The part you bought from Summit is a solid steel replacement for the rubber insulator (commonly called a solid motor mount) AND that particular solid mount is for the B and E body!

Secondly on an A body the washer trick doesn't work. On a B/E body the 318 bracket is just a little wider and you can put spacers in and make the 318 bracket work on a 340/360.On the 67-72 A body, the left mount bracket is totally different on a 340/360 from a 273/318. Om both cars, the passenger side is the same bracket on all 273 through 360.

You need the factory 340 mount bracket for the 68-72 A bodies. I've seen people on this site advertise them. I don't have them right now but here's what they look like (the top is the left side, the passenger side is on the bottom)
340amounts4.jpg

340amounts1.jpg

Good Luck!

Ohh thx alot for that big answer, now i knew alot more!!

I have the schumachers rubbers allready but sold the orignial engine brackets with the 318, and as u told me now they wouldnt work to on a 360 i will wait if someone have the factory 340 or 360 for me and will buy them, i was watching on ebay too, but didnt find used ones, i will see if someone have something please let me knew thx alot!!

Peter

I have both . Same as pictured above $135.00 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 . They were taking off of a 1971 demon 340. and will work with yor application for a 360. bolts & nuts to hold them to the block will be included as will the nuts to hold the insulator to the bracket and the K-member They will be complete with all hardware you need to install except rubber mounts . Paypal [email protected] . Steve

i thought the 340 was the same as 318, and 360 was the only one that had a different mount?

340 and 360 are the same, the ears on the block are the same, they are different then the 273 , 318 . When ever you are installing a 360 in an early A-body, the 340 mounts are what you would use. Steve. I have them if you are interested . If not let me know I will list them on craigs list.

Moparornocar51 I answered your PM today with pics and shipping quote. Let me know if you want them there are others interested. Steve

Attachments

• DSCF2750.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCF2747.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 225
I'll give you a thousand dollars for a documented factory 1972 A Body 360 engine bracket.

im a busy boy but I can do =) it's easy dude... you just go find one with a little rust in an a body in a junk yard yank out the title read vins and see if they match it's doc enough for me... unless you were being smart but yes I have tons encase my 360 breaks a mount =) it's hard to sell donor parts but I wouldn't take a grand I would sell it for less like 75 bucks dude... you pay shipping and it's a even trade.

I think what he is saying is that the 360 was never offered in the 72 A body, that's why he can offer 1000 bucks for documented 72 factory 360 A body mounts. The 340 mounts will work with the 360 but the first A body to get a 360 from the factory was the 74 and that was a different mount system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back