360 over size head gasket

-

ldtc

Reaction score
does anyone know if they make a head gasket for a 360 bored 30 over , I have built a 408 stroker with eagle kit and need help with the head gasket selection. I cannot seem to find gaskets for a 4.030 bore. If not what else can i use. Would like something like MLS something durable. I have a set of SCE brand and they leak when engine cools they are a copper with silicone outlines

I used a Flatout brand MLS gasket on my 4.030 bore and it was 4.080 IIRC. Hughes sells them. I did spray some Hylomar sealant on the water hole areas and have had no coolant leaks.

Why not use the Felpro 1008 composition gasket or if you want get a set of Cometics.

The FelPro gaskets for the 340-360 will be large enough to cover your .030 overbore. Just be sure and use spray copper coat or the equivalent on them. I sprayed mine three times before installing them.

Bill S.

Spray the Fel-Pro? I have never done that. What Fel-Pro are you using?

IIRC, the Fel-Pro 1008 is a big bore @ some crazy number like 4.125......

does anyone know if they make a head gasket for a 360 bored 30 over , I have built a 408 stroker with eagle kit and need help with the head gasket selection. I cannot seem to find gaskets for a 4.030 bore. If not what else can i use. Would like something like MLS something durable. I have a set of SCE brand and they leak when engine cools they are a copper with silicone outlines

Almost any gasket will work, just most for some odd reason have a bore of 4.125 or larger. If you want something that isn't so huge you generally have to go with a custom gasket like a Cometic. That's what I used on my 408. Cost quite a bit more than an over the counter gasket but their a lot closer to the proper fit and are reusable.

Why do you think you need a MLS or copper head gasket? If your not running a stock(lightweight) cylinder head casting a standard gasket(MP thin comp,factory 360 magnum headgasket) may be more than enough. This assumes a good tune. I built a stock 360 magnum with the MP thin comp gaskets using magnum R/T heads(much stiffer than stock heads) and after 3yrs of abuse(N20) they have never caused issue(with stock bolts). I have pushed out plenty of 1008's with stock heads in mild combo's. In other words,the gaskets are the last part of the puzzle. What makes you think you need something special?

i just want something that will last, dont ever know when the urge to add nitrous will hit!!!!

especially with 2 full bottles starring back at me from the top shelf in the garage!!!!!!

-
Back