360 Pulleys

-

1964Barracuda

Reaction score
I would like some advice from FABO members.

I’m finishing up the final assembly of a ’74 360 which will go into my ’64 Barracuda. Of course, I can’t find the water pump pulley. The original engine had PS and AC, neither of which I am going to use. The existing alternator pulley has 2 grooves and the crankshaft pulley has 3. The original water pump pulley probably had 2 grooves. I think that I have two ways to go. Either find a water pump pulley to work with the existing 2 and 3 groove parts I have or replace the existing crankshaft pulley with a one or 2 groove and a water pump pulley to match. I believe that a single belt will be sufficient for this application. I am not opposed to either a single or 2 belt set-up.

Does anyone have experience with the 360 pulley set-up and can offer advice? And lastly does anyone have the parts that I need, either a FABO member or a vendor that can be recommended?

I can tell you that my factory 74 360 ( no p/s no a/c) came with a single groove crank pulley, a single groove water pump pulley, and a two groove alternator pulley. There is a aftermarket company that makes single pulleys in aluminum, but they are not cheap. Who knows if they fit right?

360 External Balanced

Screenshot_20230522-221242_Gallery.jpg

318 Internal Balanced

Screenshot_20230117-191720_Gallery.jpg

Front Pulley Setups

☆☆☆☆☆

-
Back