360 replacement engine indentification

-

hinkdart

Reaction score
I purchased a 72 Dart with a replacement 360. The previous owner told me it was a crate engine but he was f.o.s on a couple of things. The driver side front of the block reads like this:

6k360 88?? 1
052374 178

It is painted orange and has a chrome oil pan that has been sealed with orange RTV. My guess is the engine was put in about 7 years ago but it is a real rough guess. I can post pics if needed. I tried to read the driver side of the block and I can see the numbers but its hard to make them out because they are covered in thick paint. I could sand it down if it would help. Any info is appreciated, thanks

Thanks for the link. I had found something similar online but that is more comprehensive. My engine is from 74 and made in Toluca. I was originally thinking 76 but what i'm really interested in is their anyway to determine if it was a crate replacement engine? I read they took factory blocks and bored them 20 over etc, and that was from Mopar performance. I'm striking out figuring out if it is a mopar crate engine or just one that somebody had rebuilt.

-
Back