360 sb. 2bbl iron intake or 4bbl iron intake with 4bbl to 2bbl flat plate adapter, which flows the best? thank you for your time. RR

-
Best would be an intake manifold off a 2 hole throttle body fuel injection manifold. I had one on my 89 D250 pickup truck with a 360 in it. You will know it when you see it, it has a Holley throttle body on it with holley cast in big letters on it.

Yup, one of these:
1712376860525.png

They came on '88-'92 roller block 360 truck motors. Just make a block off plate for the EGR boss, and redrill the carb pad.
The only advantage for a 4 bbl. manifold over this one is weight savings if they let you run an aftermarket aluminum manifold.

Last edited:
The Imperial 318 fuel injection manifolds were really good. They don't have the correct bolt pattern for the carb. But, the throttle holes are big and the mounting pad has a lot of room for "adjustments" when drilling the mounting holes. Hard to find piece though. The early 360 non EGR are decent pieces. I may even have one of those left.

'89 318 TBI large plenum, mid rise intake.

Screenshot_20240403-032031_Gallery.jpg

Re-Drill pattern for the large mopar 2 barrel bolt pattern.

20240322_214539.jpg

Here is a re-drill to the large mopar 2 barrel pattern I did just a few weeks ago on an '89 318 TBI roller. Setting it up with the 2 to 4 bbl adapter.

20240306_153754.jpg

Last edited:
class rules: 2bbl Rochester carb
Why wouldn't you want to use one of the aftermarket aluminum intakes that are allowed?

. INTAKE: Must use unaltered aftermarket aluminum
intake. Allowed intakes are Weiand GM #7547, #7547-1; Ford #7515, #8023 or #7516;
Chrysler #8022; Edelbrock GM #2701; Ford #7121, #7181, #7183; Chrysler #2176. No
cooling lines allowed. Unaltered OEM type harmonic balancer only. OEM type steel or
aluminum water pumps only.

Here are better pictures of the 318 TBI intake re-drilling to large Mopar 2 barrel pattern.

Screenshot_20240406-092618_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240406-092541_Gallery.jpg

Plug the old unused holes with 5/16" allen screws and blue locktite.

☆☆☆☆☆

good comprehensive info! one of these 2 alum intakes are required: weiand "stealth" or edelbrock "performer". they used to allow iron intakes but I spoke with IMCA yesterday & he said he would call my track & OK an iron intake for me. OK so I have the stealth manifold & it is so tall that the hood will not come close to closing even with a lowprofile aircleaner housing. 408 swinger I will buy that early 360 iron intake from you. I believe that that would solve the problem! in the meantime I had been thinking of trying aftermarket "2266" black biscuit motor mount pads to lower the engine which are much thinner than the thick OE black biscuit pads but there is header to steering box/front pan to K member/rear pan to steering linkage potential issues with that & the season starts soon so I am under the gun. that's where I'm at so far. RR

good comprehensive info! one of these 2 alum intakes are required: weiand "stealth" or edelbrock "performer". they used to allow iron intakes but I spoke with IMCA yesterday & he said he would call my track & OK an iron intake for me. OK so I have the stealth manifold & it is so tall that the hood will not come close to closing even with a lowprofile aircleaner housing. 408 swinger I will buy that early 360 iron intake from you. I believe that that would solve the problem! in the meantime I had been thinking of trying aftermarket "2266" black biscuit motor mount pads to lower the engine which are much thinner than the thick OE black biscuit pads but there is header to steering box/front pan to K member/rear pan to steering linkage potential issues with that & the season starts soon so I am under the gun. that's where I'm at so far. RR
The Edelbrock is shorter than the weiand. I think pretty close to the stock manifold and much lighter.

20240406_110202.jpg

The Imperial 318 fuel injection manifolds were really good. They don't have the correct bolt pattern for the carb. But, the throttle holes are big and the mounting pad has a lot of room for "adjustments" when drilling the mounting holes. Hard to find piece though. The early 360 non EGR are decent pieces. I may even have one of those left.
What year imperial?

If I had a street car with this manifold, I’d figure a way to use the Holley throttle body. It is a really good setup. My 89 D250 was a 4400 lb truck with me in it and it got up and ripped really well. The milage was pretty good also. 17 mpg if I remember correctly.

Can you port the intake per rules? That would make a huge difference.

Too bad you can’t use a Holley 2 barrel.

going for a jog cleared my head, now I remember why I used the stealth, it was because of the bigger ports & the height of it didn't enter my mind at the time.
What measurements do you need? I can measure mine if you want.
92B I would appreciate that as the shop is not close by. I was measuring by setting it on a flat surface then a flat bar horizontle across the top & measure down to the table. Mr Sinister lets see how tall the eddy is compared to the iron one & is the carb flange on the iron intake for a rochester 2bbl?

going for a jog cleared my head, now I remember why I used the stealth, it was because of the bigger ports & the height of it didn't enter my mind at the time. 92B I would appreciate that as the shop is not close by. I was measuring by setting it on a flat surface then a flat bar horizontle across the top & measure down to the table. Mr Sinister lets see how tall the eddy is compared to the iron one & is the carb flange on the iron intake for a rochester 2bbl?
The intake is on the motor. I might have another one that's off. I'll look tomorrow. If nothing else should be able to get a measurement off the one on the motor.

going for a jog cleared my head, now I remember why I used the stealth, it was because of the bigger ports & the height of it didn't enter my mind at the time. 92B I would appreciate that as the shop is not close by. I was measuring by setting it on a flat surface then a flat bar horizontle across the top & measure down to the table. Mr Sinister lets see how tall the eddy is compared to the iron one & is the carb flange on the iron intake for a rochester 2bbl?
It has the Mopar Holley big 2 barrel pattern I think it’s the same as a Rochester.

About 4 1/4" in front and 5" in back.

20240407_153911.jpg

20240407_153830.jpg

4-1/2” is the measurement I have observed on the cast iron 2 bbl, so the Eddy Performer is the same height at the center, front to back as a production iron intake.

* 92b the intake in your picture is an Eddy performer correct?

4-1/2” is the measurement I have observed on the cast iron 2 bbl, so the Eddy Performer is the same height at the center, front to back as a production iron intake.

* 92b the intake in your picture is an Eddy performer correct?
Yes

-
Back