360CID/380HP Crate Spark Plug Suggestions?

-

AlaskaMoParMan

NDT Technician
Reaction score
Getting my 360/380hp Crate Engine ready to run for the Summer in my 68 Fastback 4 Speed. Anyone have any suggestions on what Brand (I'm leaning toward NGK) and Model Number Sparkplug ( and gap ) to get the best out of this beast?

Thanks and stay warm.....

I run the ngk v-power number is zfr5-11 gapped at .035 in my crate 360 magnum. Although i purchased the new bosch platinum fusion plugs and tried them and i liked them too i noticed my engine started way faster with the fusions. But i dont know if i trust the surface air gap firing on the fusions so i put my old ngk v-powers back in it. If you want a fancy plug thats going to last a long time get the bosch platinum fusions if you want a plain old copper type plug get the ngk v-powers. The ngk v-powers are the best plug for the money in my opinion.

And if you want the very best possible i suggest buying 15 to 20 plugs of whatever kind you decide on that way you can index them and the ones that didnt line up you can return. Indexing your plugs gives the best burn in the combustion chamber as possible there fore better throttle response crisper idle and better fuel mileage.

Thanks. There are just so many out there and I want to make good spark and performance. I will start with the V-Power and take it from there. Thanks again.

-
Back