360magnum timing chain oiling

-

David Dickerson

Stickler
Reaction score
Putting together a 410 stroker based off the Powernation build using the Trick Flow Powerport 190 heads. Purchased a combo cam retainer plate/tensioner from Mancini that is listed for the 360 magnum. My question relates to how the timing chain is oiled. There isn't anything mentioned in the build video about this. They just bolt up the tensioner. Planning on borrowing the chain cover from my 340 LA. Looks the same as the one in the build. Got a cam finishing kit from Comp that doesn't include a bolt with a hole in it. Have read on this site that the magnum oils the chain through the front cam bearing and drips on the tab built into the tensioner. If this is the case, is it not necessary to use the bolt with the hole in it off my 340? Also, the oil slinger on the 340 is marred up from the double chain. I assume this is because it is designed for a single chain. Can't seem to find one designed for a double. Some say to toss the slinger. Won't even fit the new tensioner. It is too large a diameter and hits the chain guide. Is it also true that I should use sealant on the washer of the crank bolt if I use the bolt from my 340? Read here that oil will seep past it.

Drill a hole ~ .040 in the plate where it lines up with the passenger side oil gallery and send it. The bolt with the hole it did nothing. That’s why no one uses it.

Prepare for a crap storm now because that is always what happens when it comes to timing chain lubrication. And chain tensioner.

I drilled a hole in the thrust plate and the oil plug. Just make sure the thrust plate hole is smaller than the plug.

20200922_172042.jpg

-
Back