383 + 71 Demon = what parts fit?

-

zac_F71

Reaction score
I bought a running 68 2bbl 383 or $175 today and plan to clean/refresh it with a few goodies as well as backed by a 727 - going in my 71 slant 6 Demon.. what parts fit what don't? It's a no option car so no power accessories..

I know the B body Hedman Headers are said to fit and I plan on Trans-Dapt swap mounts but do they really work?

Plans are a small cam, re-gasket with thinner HG's to bump compresion, dual plane 4bbl intake, stock converter an trans w/ a shift kit, 3.23 gears in 8 3/4

Schumacher mounts. Been done plenty of times before, they work great.

Motor plates are for race cars. On the street they're just a pain.

You can also use elephant ears made to use low slung alternator and stock fuel pump. Rubber bushings are easy to install on the ears and if you have the water pump housing milled off the correct amount the pulleys all line up. I like the 68-70 B body HP exhaust manifolds if you can find them.

I have 74 duster with a 400 and bbody hedman headers. 1 3/4 with 3 inch collectors. They fit ok but require dings. Manual steering only by the way.

Thanks guys ya my car has no power options except wipers LOL - not going with a motor plate for a 350hp motor (when I'm done with it)

Trans-Dapt makes swap mounts for the less than half the cost of Schumacher mounts.. ($160 + shipping vs $60 + shipping)

Hey guys so I am planning on buying the QA1 stock style tubular k member that are setup for a small block.. do I still need swap mounts for a big block? or will stock BB mounts work?

-
Back