383 intake

-

moparmade43

Reaction score
I am building a 67 383, looking for around 425 horses out of it. The question I have is, I have a Offenhauser intake that came on another engine I had. I was considering using this intake, since I already have it, and would probably save around $240 over buying an edelbrock rpm. However, I dont know much about these intakes, all it says on it is 360, with a circle around it, and Offenhauser. Are these good intakes, or are they just a aluminum version of a stock 383 4 bbl intake. Will this intake be able to support my HP goal? Thanks guys

Will

The Offy intake is an old design, probably flowed slightly better than a stock one. Go with the Edelbrock intake, you should have no problem reaching those numbers with this intake!

I am building a 67 383, looking for around 425 horses out of it. The question I have is, I have a Offenhauser intake that came on another engine I had. I was considering using this intake, since I already have it, and would probably save around $240 over buying an edelbrock rpm. However, I dont know much about these intakes, all it says on it is 360, with a circle around it, and Offenhauser. Are these good intakes, or are they just a aluminum version of a stock 383 4 bbl intake. Will this intake be able to support my HP goal? Thanks guys

Will

Will, Offenhauser did make what they called the 360 degree in both single and dual for the 383 and 400. I think though if you're serious about going 425 or more HP I'd really recommend newer technology in the Edelbrock performer rpm. I ran an Offenhauser on a 440 a few years back and when I switched to an EDelbrock there was a noticeable difference.JMO and my 2 cents.

Terry

Check out the last two issues of hot rod magazine. Then ask yourself if you can afford to use that Offy intake.

i have read things on port matching the intake to the heads to help with flow. its what i did on mine. i am under the impression that the runners should still be just a little smaller than the intake runners on the head for better flow.

I have a very nice used edelbrock single plane intake I would be willing to sell for $200 plus shipping.

-
Back