392Hemi and 8HP70 swap 2018 PCM questions

-

Carnut76

Reaction score
I have a very solid 67 Barracuda with the trusty 440, the engine has been good but it is time for an update, I want to drive the car cross country on Rt66 and I found a very low mileage 2018 392 scat pack engine and 8HP70 trans with the factory PCM, harness, gas pedal etc. Does anyone know if I can have all the crap I don't need deleted off of the factory computer? Cruise control, security, abs etc. and how to get it to work without the Challenger dash so hooking up the speedometer and gauges? Holley makes a DBW but it doesn't support the trans that I know of. This is not a "should I do this" question, this is what I am doing, I just need some direction from someone that knows about the electronics aspect of it. Thanks in advance!

Don't know if this will help, but Chrysler makes a stand alone computer pkg for crate motors.

I plan on doing a 392/8hp70 swap eventually and plan on buying a Mopar ECU and harness and the transmission controller and harness from Russell at Sound German

YouTuber BoostedMotorsports put a Hellcat drivetrain in his Dakota. Don’t think he hooked up the ABS or anything and it runs fine other than some lights on the dash (he used the entire charger dash and IP). Based on this, I am guessing you could run most of an OEM harness and get it to work.

Only idea for a speedometer though is to find an aftermarket gauge that works with the factory CANBus system.

-
Back