3rd Annual Chrysler's in the Canyon

-

jdr2483

Reaction score
Just getting the date out there for now. It will be Saturday October 15th in the Scenic Palo Duro Canyon State Park. I will get more details as they become available.

Getting closer, and would love to have a large group of A body cars grace our event with your attendance. Also if you are planning on attending let us know so we will know how much free food to have as well as the number of trophies and dash plaques to order up.

The Fifth Season Inn Located at 6801 I 40 W has set aside room's for our out of town guest's for 64.00 a night plus tax. These are either 2 queen or a king Garden Atrium Room's. These room's have been renovated within the last 2 years. Also included in the rate is a Complimentery Hot Breakfast in the morning. Other amenities included indoor pool/hot tub and onsite lounge. There are several Resteraunts withing walking distance of the Hotel( Outback, Pizza Hut) and within a mile to the West there are other great dining choices(Saltgrass, Logan's,Country Barn, The Plaza) and Westgate Mall. When booking your room tell them you are with Chrysler's in the Canyon to get the rate. The phone number is 806-358-7881. If you have any problems ask for Lindsay Hopper.

If you are planning on attending please chime in with what vehicle you are bringing and how many in your party(so the gentlemen providing lunch will have a head count) and the mileage from your home to the show for the Long Haul award.

Yep, coming up quick now. The goal here is to have a good time, and do it as cheap as possible...which is $2 per person, which is only charged because it is the admission to the park (at a discounted rate mind you, lol).

I might try to bring multiples from the stable, which if we have enough A-bodies, I'll make sure to bring the 408 Duster and I imagine mguner will have the 452 Snowplow Duster, and Rodney will probably be out in the 440+6...

We may see if we can coax some of the A-body racers into showing up as well!

If you are coming in from out of town chime in, or PM me etc. We have the hotel deal jdr2483 posted up and we will try to orchestrate a dinner Friday night or Saturday night at the Big Texan :D

Ill try to make it down in the Dart this year.
If not Ill take the Dakota.

Looking forward to seeing what alll you do to the Dart by then...it'll be cool to have another early A...

Here is some self serve car wash addresses for those traveling from out of town. There are three that are in close proximity of the hotel. The first is at 1710 S Western, the other two are on 45th ave, one is 3400 45th(just west of I27 on north side of street) other is 4604 45th(Between Western and Bell on north side of Street). For those that will need one in Canyon there is one between 8th and 9th Ave(just west of 23rd st). Also we are asking that if you are planning on making the event but have not RSVP'd please do so, that way we will know how much food to have available and we would love to know what and how many cars we are going to have. Thanks Jody

Two weeks away from the 3rd Annual Chrysler's in the Canyon here in Amarillo Texas. As of today we have 109 vehicles headed our way. If you are planning on coming and have not RSVP's please do so at Amarillo Area Mopars that way we have enough food for everyone. Also need to know how far it is from home for the Long Haul award.

Sure looking forward to well over 100 Mopars in one spot! Anyone that doesn't know about CIC check out this vid

[ame="http://youtu.be/wwBYiaGgqF8"]CIC 2010 Video[/ame]

Right about 120 Mopars now. We have a one-off T/A coming in addition to an original owner 69 HEMI Charger Daytona, should go well with the 70 Superbird!

Lots of nice stuff, we have a guy coming up from San Antonio in a 71 Demon 340...driving it of course :p

Chyrsler's in the Canyon hosted by the Amarillo Area Mopars is coming up this Saturday October 15th. As of this morning we are sitting at 126 Vehicles pre registered. Due to the number of vehicles we have adjusted the schedule for the Cruise to the Canyon from the First United Bank Center to begin at 1100am. Weather is predicted to be sunny and 81 degrees. If you are planning on attending and have not done so please RSVP at AmarilloAreaMopars.com

I'll be bringing these two at least, maybe more if I can find another driver...

DSCN5727.jpg

FRIDAY NIGHT CRUISE and Dinner

For those that will be in town by 600pm we will meet at Fifth Season's Inn 6801 I40 west. About 630pm we will go on a short cruise to dinner. We will go east on I40 access road to Bell, turn north on Bell to 9th, east on 9th which turns into 6th(RT66) to Georgia, south on Georgia to I27, south on I27 to Hillside, west on Hillside to Bell, south on Bell to Jorge's Mexican Bar and Grill(6001 Bell). We will park in the church parking lot on the south side of Jorge's

For those that are coming to the Chrysler's in the Canyon 3. See you tonight and tomorrow. THANK YOU Jody

Man we had a lot more A-bodies than expected! The crap gas ate my powervalve in the Duster :( It was a very nice surprise to see so many Darts, Dusters, and Demons show up unexpectedly.

Here is a link to the photos from Della, our pro-photographer:

http://www.lonestarmopars.com/news/...chryslers-in-the-canyon-iii&catid=38:pictures

I will get the downhill video edited and uploaded as soon as I can and post it...

This was a great event and it will be even better next year!

-
Back