3rd gen Hemi ETs

-

Edsrt

Reaction score
Would like to see what combinations people are running and resulting ETs for 5.7s 6.1s and 6.4

I will be jumping on the 3rd gen wagon
the eagle heads are great and the apache are outstanding
wish someone would buy my 408 so I could on a 392

I will be jumping on the 3rd gen wagon
the eagle heads are great and the apache are outstanding
wish someone would buy my 408 so I could on a 392
Hopefully I will be pulling my 422ci 340 this summer and replacing it with a 2012 5.7 with a 392 cam. I am hoping to equal or better my best ET of 11.89 at 115 mph

If you go to the new hemi swap forum, there's a sticky there that pertains to this. There's some good combos on there.

Hopefully I will be pulling my 422ci 340 this summer and replacing it with a 2012 5.7 with a 392 cam. I am hoping to equal or better my best ET of 11.89 at 115 mph
11’s with a smallblock stroker
Must be setup strictly for the street

11’s with a smallblock stroker
Must be setup strictly for the street
When I built this motor I had the short block done when health and money issues did not allow me to finish the engine as planed,so I put the motor together with parts I already had. Basically stock j heads and a mild cam. I did not want miss another season of racing. Eventually I may finish this motor but i always wanted to run a new hemi in my Duster.

When I built this motor I had the short block done when health and money issues did not allow me to finish the engine as planed,so I put the motor together with parts I already had. Basically stock j heads and a mild cam. I did not want miss another season of racing. Eventually I may finish this motor but i always wanted to run a new hemi in my Duster.
I understand wasn’t trying to bust your balls
What engine you plan on using
After looking back its clear I could have made more power for less money with a 3rd gen
Im leaning towards stroking a 5.7 and using eagle heads or even maybe the Apache head

I understand wasn’t trying to bust your balls
What engine you plan on using
After looking back its clear I could have made more power for less money with a 3rd gen
Im leaning towards stroking a 5.7 and using eagle heads or even maybe the Apache head
I came into possession of a 2012 5.7 from a 1500 ram with a bad #5 exhaust lifter and damaged cam lobe so I was thinking of a 392 cam and springs and keep the rest stock for now. I want to just get it running and sorted with the factory fuel injection and a833 4spd.

Go with the six speed cam. More money, but, supposedly better power. I'm doing this very thing for a customer right now. 2013 5.7 out of a 300. Going in a 70 Runner. Bad cam and lifter. He wants to keep the injection, just not sure which direction on that yet. Could also run the 6.4 automatic cam, a little less power. Big price difference between the auto and stick cams. $68.00 versus $220 respectively.

I came into possession of a 2012 5.7 from a 1500 ram with a bad #5 exhaust lifter and damaged cam lobe so I was thinking of a 392 cam and springs and keep the rest stock for now. I want to just get it running and sorted with the factory fuel injection and a833 4spd.
I have also considered buying a 6.4 pullout, cam and carb it just to see what kinda et's I could get out of it

Go with the six speed cam. More money, but, supposedly better power. I'm doing this very thing for a customer right now. 2013 5.7 out of a 300. Going in a 70 Runner. Bad cam and lifter. He wants to keep the injection, just not sure which direction on that yet. Could also run the 6.4 automatic cam, a little less power. Big price difference between the auto and stick cams. $68.00 versus $220 respectively.
I seen the specs for 6.4 manual cam but no specs for the auto cam and heard that the MDS lobes are different

-
Back