3spd (manual) on the column to floor

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Other than the obvious like steering column and floor hump. Does anyone know what is needed to convert this swap? Is any of the linkage interchangeable?? Or is the 3 speed floor shift linkage totally different??

THANKS
Mike

Absoultly the linkage is different. You can likley use the levers on the transmission but the linkage from the florr shifter to the levers is a completly different beast.

Well I guess I will start posting some want ads for the correct linkage then. Does anyone know a business that I might could order the correct linkage???

THANKS

Brewers has all the 4spd stuff, they may have what you need for the 3spd too, certainly worth giving them a call. The advertised in all th emopar rags.

FWIW, most of the 3spd trannies do not have provisions for mounting a floor shifter on them. If you do not have a boss with three mounting holes cast into the tail extension on your tranny you will likely have to use one of the universal shifters that either clamps to the tail extension or comes with universal brackets that fit under the bolts that hold the tail extension to the main case of the tranny. These shifters also come with universal rods. You will have to bend, cut and fit both the mounitng brackets and rods to make it work.

-
Back