4.7L exhaust???

-

74swingerlover

Reaction score
I know its not a A-body, but what would give me the best power/toque to mileage ratio for my truck? 2005 dakota 4.7L. Would an X pipe to dual mufflers or true dual be better for power and mileage?

4.7L is stock, small diameter headers, throttle body spacer, cold air, and might see one of those superchips oneday.

i have built a few 4.7 engines, my combo is HO cams, HO intake manifold, mild port and polish, gasket match exh manifold, 2.25 or 2.5 inch with x pipe. really wakes up the lowly 4.7

I agree with the above except in 03 or 04 dodge went to HO style manifold. The intake you'll want is 08+ piece from 300hp 4.7 with longer runners. HO cams are good they make 206 and 212 ones that are $$$$. I would suggest a 70 or 72 mm throttle body. Your 05 should already have 68mm. Replacing the Y-pipe will do wonders for exhaust. Headers don't show much gain on a 4.7 engine. Not sure if you can get a programmer but try that as well and underdrive pulley.

I have a 2002 QC with 4.56 gears, super-chips, dual exhaust, K&N. I got torque but horrible millage. I don't think you can have both.

I agree with the above except in 03 or 04 dodge went to HO style manifold. The intake you'll want is 08+ piece from 300hp 4.7 with longer runners. HO cams are good they make 206 and 212 ones that are $$$$. I would suggest a 70 or 72 mm throttle body. Your 05 should already have 68mm. Replacing the Y-pipe will do wonders for exhaust. Headers don't show much gain on a 4.7 engine. Not sure if you can get a programmer but try that as well and underdrive pulley.
Yah you need a bigger throttle body, a spacer doesn't help it much. If you do put the CAI and bigger throttle body on it will let it breathe more and you may get a little bit better of fuel mileage.

-
Back