4-bolt to 2-bolt Master Cylinder conversion on 71 Demon/Dart

-

DLKessler

Reaction score
Gang of people with great taste:

Has anyone done this conversion to get rid of that iron lump or 4-bolt iron master cylinder (MC)? Specifically, have you used an aftermarket MC or reconditioned later model MC...and does the manual brake stock push rod fit the 2-bolt MC and adapter?

"Doctordiff" offers a conversion kit with retaining ring for $100 (+$13 shipping). However, from my studies a 1979+ non-front wheel drive MC is the same thing for a fraction of the cost that looks the same. I sound pretty cheap here now that I'm reading it.

I have searched these forums and this logical "mod" has not been covered! I mean the benefits and size of an aluminum MC is significant. Mine is pretty rusty on the inside which cannot be good for the brake fluid. What gives with the lack of coverage or is it so easy what am I whining about?

In the picture I had to secure the MC lid better because it was leaking...effective solution.

Attachments

• DSC02270.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 567
  • DSC01814.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 550
There is a member here who sells the master cylinder adapters from 4 bolt to 2 bolt.. VERY nice quality at a VERY good price.. use the search function.. should be able to find it.

Look here- http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=279568

Besides a really nice piece at a great price, you can buy from a fellow member.
Also, I believe in the thread there is a response to your same question regarding the push rod. I believe the answer was yes it will still work.

Here is what I did in my '69 Dart using the adapter made by member hemidart67.
The black bracket for the valve is separate and sold by Wilwood.

Attachments

• IMG_1129.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_1136.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 501
I used Dr. Diffs kit. Had excellent stopping power on an otherwise stock 71 KH brake set up

Lime do the lines sent with the bracket only fit that wilwood mc? Or will they fit the fifth ave mc as well?

Wilwood sells the plastic Mopar style reservoir master too.
Im sure if you email or call them they would be able to tell you if they work with that style.
And yes i have the 4 to 2 master adapters For Sale thanks for the plug guys glad you are happy with them.

I have the doctor diff kit. bolt-on. Some of the other master cylinders have different sized fittings on them. The Dr Diff one in 15/16" is the one I prefer, and I am sure that it's a dakota master cylinder with the bore for the pushrod. machined a bit deeper. You would need this on any late model power brake master cylinder.

I got my adapter from RMS as well as the 2 bolt wilwood master. Its' manual with a 7/8 piston. Love it.

-
Back