4 door dart dual exhaust

-

sniekamp

Reaction score
So everyone puts dual exhaust on their 2 doors but I have a 74, 4 door dart that I want to put dual exhaust under. Has anyone on here done that with their 4 door? And people keep talking to me about y pipe or fake dual exhaust? I guess I just need some info on how to tackle this project. Also would it be a big difference if I left my stock 318 manifolds on the engine? I want it to have a louder sound than its quiet grandma muffler that im currently using.

I would go down to your local exhaust shop and have them quote you a number for a 2 1/4 dual system all the way out the back. As for mufflers, flowmasters sound good, but will create loud echoing in the car at certin rpms, and turbo style mufflers will give you a more mellow tone. There is not a difference between the undercarage of a 4 door and 2 door dart btw.

Good to know! I didn't know they were the same dimensions underneath :/. How much do you think something like this will run me? Ad far as noise I don't want the whole town to hear me driving my car but id like it to have a pretty good rumble if that makes sense. Probably the best thing is to listen to sound bites of other systems?

-
Back