4-door donor duals fit 2-door Swinger

-

Button

74 Dart Swinger
Reaction score
We found a 1973 Dart Custom 4 door to use as a donor car for my sons 1974 Swinger. We really wanted the interior and to have spare mechanical parts as a back-up. What the 4-door also had was a relatively new dual exhaust system installed. We pulled out the duals and I was worried about them fitting the Swinger but it bolted right up with no issues. We still need to install the tail pipe sections and chrome tips this weekend. Just thought everyone might want to know that the transfer and fitment was easy.

000_1327.jpg

000_1328.jpg

000_1332.jpg

000_1329.jpg

000_1330.jpg

000_1331.jpg

000_1333.jpg

000_1335.jpg

Sometimes I just have to shake my head. I would give my left nad for a 4 door that nice. And disc brakes too. =P~

grumpuscreature,
Don't worry about the 4-doors fate. We intend to put the better dash, seats, and exhaust into the Swinger. But then the 4-door will get it's windows limo tinted, cop hub-caps, cop spot lights, a light bar, and a white/black paint job to resemble a police car from the 1970's. Then it will be parked behind the Swinger at car shows to look as if it pulled the Swinger over for speeding.
We're going to replace the starter and give it a quiet exhaust system. So it won't be torn down for parts and then scrapped. As a matter of fact, when we got the car, it's rear bumper was painted with primer as well and we stripped it off. You can go to this link and see our work under the restorations section; http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=44709&page=11

Well today we were able to finally finish installing the dual exhaust system on the Swinger. It may not be professionally installed with Flowmasters, but it is a vast improvement in looks and sound over the single Thrush that we did have. We purchased two sections of pipe to re-attach the tail pipes where we had to cut them to remove them from the 4-door donor car. We picked up chrome tips with square ends which will go on tomorrow since we ran out of day light this evening.
The wife and I stood behind the car and told Jeffrey to fire up the car for it's first "sound check" with the tail pipes installed. It was quite an improvement and the grin on his face as he climbed out and faced us told us he liked it as well, haha. We'll post pictures tomorrow after we get the chrome tips installed.

000_1345.jpg

000_1347.jpg

000_1348.jpg

000_1349.jpg

000_1350.jpg

000_1352.jpg

This evening we we're able to finally have time and decent weather to mount the chrome tips onto the dual exhaust. The square tips look good with the square shapes of the entire rear-end area. While they are not reproduction tips, they look good all the same.

000_1357.jpg

000_1358.jpg

000_1359.jpg

Job well dun Button :thumbrig: Good to see a good young gun getting his hands dirty and doing a good job :cheers:
That is one very fine looking Dart =P~

-
Back