4-door only sub-forum

-

TylerW

Reaction score
I think this would be a great idea. That way those of us on the fringes that like and drive 4-door A-bodies would have somebody to talk to on here:D

Now this isn't about me personally...I enjoy the forum a lot and I knew when I started buying cast-off 4 doors that I wouldn't be gettin any respect. I myself start threads here from time to time but I largely avoid it because it's always crickets.

For instance, I asked a question about Rallye wheels on a 4-door. I did answer myself later after I found the info, but it was crickets and better yet I look at the views and it barely broke 30-something views.

I posted a couple videos I made of my car and except for one very nice person replying...there was more crickets. I don't mind that much because I originally post those videos on my youtube channel where I have a large subscriber base that enjoys all the Mopar videos I do.

Now before you put your arm around me and sit me down and explain that most guys that drive Mopars don't have the confidence to be seen in a 4-door, it's ok...I do have the Dart Sport and the '68 383 Fury Convertible on hand, so I'll be ok...lol.

I was at the exhaust shop getting duals put on my Valiant and I kept hearing that same old refrain..." I'd buy it if it was a 2 door"...and I'm thinking to myself yeah, and I'd stick it to you for a lot more money too because everyone has inflated the price so much.

I watch the For Sale forum closely and I shake my head when I see a Swinger or Scamp the exact same year, in worse shape and nowhere near as original as my '74 with an asking price of $5500 just because it's a 2-door. Ha, they have trained you guys well.

I HAVE learned a couple things...if I stand 50ft away and hold my thumb up in the right place my 4-door looks just LIKE a Scamp, and also, it sounds, drives, smells just like 2-doors..LOL.

Oh well, I really have NOTHING to complain about..a '74 Valiant that runs and drives great, power disc brakes. power steering, 8-1/4 rear, all it's original paperwork for $700 isn't bad and a '73 Slant car with 49,000 miles and one owner for the same isn't either.

Don't part 'em, drive 'em!

This is a great idea, most of the info is all the same, but every now and then it would be nice to ask other 4 door owners questions and chat.

Some of us love four doors, but we do not pick on the folks that only have two.

One of mine;

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 200
A great concept except everyone comes to this one, whether it's a convertible, a 2 door, a 4 door, a station wagon, an E body, a B body or a truck, they come here and do you wanna know why? Because this is where all the action is..............

Questions like......why the hell didn't I buy a 2 door?! :D
I can tell you why its cheaper to buy a 4 door driver then a 2 doors . Ive had two 4 doors one being a B body one an A body both was cheaper then my barracuda . (trade ) ps i had a 74 val 4 door too but i never drove it other then the test drive . and i had a wagon too sold it to get the barracuda

Attachments

• 29239070196_large.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 190
  • DCP_1718.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_8489.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 192
Speaking of 4 doors. I have 4 real clean ones I'd like to see gone. They will have glass,hardware and regulators. I'm keeping the inner/outter handles, locks,buttons,mirror,trim,door panels and possibly the wing window assy's. Is $25 per door reasonable? I can use the rears for 1/4 patch panels for my 67.

Attachments

• Picture 1572.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Picture 1568.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Picture 1573.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 168
I like this idea, Im a big fan of more doors myself! Cant beat a clean car for half price with 2 extra doors thrown in for free! :toothy7:

We like our "More" doors

Do what we want to them, no one seems to care

68 satellite 540

DraginmoparsBIG-Copy.jpg

73 crew cab converted to cummins 5-speed

index.jpg

our latest project
70 custom with a 340
(only have cam break in time on eng, want to take it to a track to seat the rings)

002-1.jpg

video is moving it to load up on the trailer,but got rained out today
(click on pic to view video)

[ame=http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii313/draginmopars/white%20dart/017.mp4]
th_017.jpg
[/ame]

Here's a question...Does a 4 dr weigh more than it's 2 dr relative?

I thought we already had a section specifically for more doors. The parts car forum. :toothy10:

Just yankin' ya. I've always liked more doors too, but just lots of people on here don't care much for em

Hey dragin,is your exhaust routed to the front of the car instead of the rear?

Can you post a pic on it's routing? what was the reason for front exit?

Yes we like 4 doors!

Attachments

• P1090793%20(Small).JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 157
  • P1090697%20(Small).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 128
  • P1090649%20(Small).JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 129
-
Back