4-link 8 3/4 in a 65 Dart?

-

TripleJackInGA

Master of None
Reaction score
Anyone have an Early A-Body with a 4-link setup? I found one cheap on craigslist that says it's set up for an A-Body, but wanted some advice.

Just from the ad, it looks like it's 47 3/4" flange to flange.

Wondering if this thing will require mini-tubbing or what?

Thanks!

A 4 link is based on the length of the chassis. If you used a B or E boby link the center of gravity would be so far forward that you would violently raise the front end upon launch. The SS spring and a good shock can take care of most 11.70 stock eliminator cars

It would definitely require tubbing. I'm not sure mini tubs will even give you enough clearance. You'd have to do some measuring. The stock springs are only 43" center to center so this rear is barely wider than the stock spring width. I was thinking about installing a 4 link in my Cuda also awhile back but after seeing so many guys running SS springs even well into the 10's I backed out. I know it's cool looking but if it serves no better and costs alot more I figured why do it.

A 4 link is based on the length of the chassis. If you used a B or E boby link the center of gravity would be so far forward that you would violently raise the front end upon launch. The SS spring and a good shock can take care of most 11.70 stock eliminator cars

This is incorrect, the best thing about a four link set up is it is nearly infinitely adjustable. Most four links all utilize the same length bars so they are more or less universal in nature. What you have to determine is the width of the frame rails for your application. What tire size, wheel offset, housing width, etc., you plan on running. If done properly a four link back half with wheel tubs will provide the maximum amount of tire clearance and adjustability than any other suspension set up.

I put a 24" wide frame rail spacing four link in my Scamp. The axle housing is 44" flange to flange and the 15" wide wheels have a 5.5" back space.

You can see most of the build up to now here.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=16657

-
Back