4 piston brake question

-

csx452

Reaction score
Were the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston brakes the only 4 piston brakes or was there another brand?
Thanks,
Frank

Were the Kelsey Hayes 4 piston brakes the only 4 piston brakes or was there another brand?
Thanks,
Frank

Frank
If your asking about the A body cars, then Yes to that question.
1965 to 1972 A body cars used the Kelsey Hayes disc brake system.
1966 to 1969 B body cars used the BENDIX disc brake system.
1966 to 68 C body cars, and 66-69 Imperial's used the BUDD disc brake system.
Mopar kept everybody in business, back in the old days.

I did want to know about A-bodies because I couldn't find a KH on the 4 piston brakes I got from a friend who went Willwood on his 71 Dart. The calipers need a rebuild and I found rebuilt ones on Rockauto from Raybestos, Nastra, and Cardone and only Cardone mentions KH. I know they are rebuilders, but wanted to make sure if I bought from them that I was getting KH calipers.

I did want to know about A-bodies because I couldn't find a KH on the 4 piston brakes I got from a friend who went Willwood on his 71 Dart. The calipers need a rebuild and I found rebuilt ones on Rockauto from Raybestos, Nastra, and Cardone and only Cardone mentions KH. I know they are rebuilders, but wanted to make sure if I bought from them that I was getting KH calipers.

I use the Raybestos and have had great luck with them.

I have seen large Dodge motor homes and large 1 ton and up Medium duty Dodge trucks with what looks like the A body 4 piston Disk brakes but substantially larger 4 Piston Kelsey Hayes disks also

Jeff

OK, I'm not planning on spending the cash on Willwood, but my buddy did. Just curious to know how much of an improvement there is when converting to Willwood over the KH 4 piston setup.

-
Back