4 post lift?

-

J Glenn

Reaction score
I'm considering a 4 post lift. Opinions?

I have a quickjack, which I kind of like. But in most situations it isn't much better than a good jack with good jack stands. And I really would like to get my car much higher for many things. Also, in some scenarios, I might be able to put the quick jack on the 4 post lift to, say rip apart the suspension without rolling around pin the ground.

Thoughts?

I have a 4 post. Use it daily.
Getting another.
It has jack trays, i set bottle jacks and axle stands on them.
Mine also has an air jack.
The next one has 2.
Setting up a quickjack on the decks of a 4 post may seem like a good idea, but i dont know if it would be a good idea,unless its a fairly substantial hoist that would support a load in centre of decks.

I have a 4 post from Greg Smith equipment and I like it a lot. I also have had a Bendpak, and it was also very good.
I'm building this Valiant for drag racing, and I have done everything so far on this lift, including the back-half.
There are times when a two post would be much more convenient, but for the majority of the time I like the four posts.

20171105_121458 (Medium).jpg

20180815_184333 (Medium).jpg

I have the same, the Atlas 8000. I love it.

I have a two post and use it for everthing. Pull engines,truck cabs, .Have the truck attachments to lift trucks. Mine was used from a ford dealership. The installer gave me a one year warranty. If you are pouring cement make SURE it is thick enough to support the lift.

Look at Advantage Lifts also. They are built similar to Backyard Buddy lifts, with the slide collar all the way around the post. Much safer design than the C post lifts. I have an older American made Super Lift, and it is a C post lift. It works fine, and I do feel safe under it, but if I was buying a lift right now, it would more than likely be an Advantage Lift.

I have a 10'-4" ceiling in my garage. I have been thinking about a 4 post lift myself for several years now but I keep talking myself out of it due to how much room it will take up within the 2-1/2 garage space I have now even though it will allow me to get a third car in the garage at times. It will be tight but it will fit.

I'm considering a 4 post lift. Opinions?

I have a quickjack, which I kind of like. But in most situations it isn't much better than a good jack with good jack stands. And I really would like to get my car much higher for many things. Also, in some scenarios, I might be able to put the quick jack on the 4 post lift to, say rip apart the suspension without rolling around pin the ground.

Thoughts?
Don't even think about putting one lift on top of another. That's a bad accident waiting to happen.
If you want a 4 post, and you have the room( they eat up a lot of floor space) use the correct jacking plates that you can buy with your lift.

I have a 9000 lb Challenger two post, in use now for 20 years. Sure there are times I wish I could just drive on a lift, but this has served my purposes for everything I do...
114-1477_IMG.JPG
114-1481_IMG.JPG
115-1576_IMG.JPG
119-1953_IMG.JPG
IMG_1543.JPG

-
Back