4 seed hump installed help

-

72duster72

Reaction score
I have 68 valiant i want to install a 4speed i have the hump but not sure where to cut tunnel and is there different humps? any pictures would help

The humps are the same from 67-74, just set it in place and you can see where it goes, it is formed to fit the floor. Just draw around it and trim out as you go, about 3/4" in from the line you drew, just don't weld the hump in till you have the shifter in place to double check your fit. Also don't cut the cross member, I've seen so many cars where they that had cut the cross member.

i haven't done mine yet but i prepped the hump for install (it was cut from an old floor section) it really looks like it will only go in one spot.

The factory cut the hole about 1/2 to 3/4 an inch smaller then the size of the hump and they only spot welded it in 6 - 8 places and just seem sealed around it when done

just looked on brewers site my hump is for 75-76 hard lesson learned that why having trouble they told me it fits yhe same just add metal where it open

Here is the 74 Duster I just converted to 4 speed. Brewer's was a HUGE help but I used an early hump from a junker. Here are some pics. I hope they help and if you need more I can take more from any angle you need.

I did have to massage the hump due to a big gap right where the 1-2 shift lever is. I had about a 1/2 inch gap. As I was tacking along I just tapped it with a hammer to closer up the gap.

DSC03397.jpg

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03605.jpg

DSC03607.jpg

DSC03613.jpg

DSC03614.jpg

DSC03621.jpg

Those photos should help a lot, but don't cut the floor/sheet metal off the top of the cross member or you will end up with road grime and dirt down inside the cross member that you can't get to or get out and it could cause rust in humid weather.

Those photos should help a lot, but don't cut the floor/sheet metal off the top of the cross member or you will end up with road grime and dirt down inside the cross member that you can't get to or get out and it could cause rust in humid weather.

This is my first a body conversion. I realize I pulled a bonehead manuever and cut the sheetmetal off the top of the crossmember. I looked at it afterward and realized my mistake. :bootysha: I also cut the floor too much and luckily was able to beat it into shape and get it welded with no gap....just barely. I guess I should have been a little more careful next time. PS there are more photos coming your way via PM.

-
Back