4 spd ball stud frame bracket dimensions?

-

MD68

Reaction score
Can anyone provide dimensions for the frame side ball stud support bracket, along with the hole size? I would like to make my own out of 1/4" plate.

I wasn't looking for an oe look, so I just tacked on a massive washer and welded a smaller one inside that. It's really just a little reinforcement for the sheet metal.

The hole in the sheet metal is just to locate the bracket. The bracket is plug welded to the frame rail at the lower two holes, it's not just a reinforcement for the sheet metal.

P1040265 (1) copy.JPG

So the cross shaft is connected to the frame rail, not to the thinner fender well sheet metal.

So the cross shaft is connected to the frame rail, not to the thinner fender well sheet metal.

This. It's not a reinforcement for the sheet metal, it is the bracket for the ball stud and it gets welded to the frame rail. The hole in the sheet metal was just there to help locate the bracket. The sheet metal itself isn't really supposed to be a big structural part of the ball stud support, it's just already there.

-
Back