4 spd clutch pedal help

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I searched the this forum looking for info, found some, but not specific to my questions.....Ok I thought I would take apart my 4spd pedal setup, sandblast and put new bushings etc in it. I put the setup in my vise and pushed on the clutch pedal, well it took a bit, but I was able to push it in and it "snapped" in to place and the spring literally fell out. Ok luck is on my side I guess...I figured I would have to do the washer trick with it, but I didnt have to. So I moved onto trying to get the clutch pedal off. But it looks like a washer was welded on?? Should I grind the washer off or leave as is and just be careful sandblasting?? Also where can I get a bushing kit for it?? I checked Brewers performance out but didnt see a kit. 1st 2 pics are brake pedal side, washer looks welded instead of "C" clip. Last 2 pics are the clutch pedal side.

Thanks for help

Attachments

• DSCF4249 (Medium).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCF4252 (Medium).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCF4254 (Medium).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCF4255 (Medium).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 303
That welded washer looks like somebody might have done some kind of half a$$ed on-the-spot repair to get them down the road.

Thanks!! Thats my Sunday Easter plan, but before I dig in to it, there is a bushing washer kit available for this right?? Mismy69swinger said brewers has it, but it aint on there website, and they probably wont open up until Tuesday, so a phonecall to them will have to wait until then.

I had Brewers rebuild a set for me last winter that had been welded and messed with and as I recall Wayne was very reasonable and had them back in a week or two I was very pleased

I had Brewers rebuild a set for me last winter that had been welded and messed with and as I recall Wayne was very reasonable and had them back in a week or two I was very pleased

Right now I got more time than $$, plus I have a sandblast cabinet, so I figger stuff I can do, Im doin. I regret getting the small s/b cabinet. It barely fits a sb intake. I'd love to build a walk-in cabinet!!

They have all the parts you need, including a new shaft- but you will have to weld it to the pedal.
There are 2 different pedal assemblies, one with the overspring attached to a clip, the other it is attached to a pin.

Mine is the pin type, and the rod broke off of the pedal.
I got a new rod, bearings, and the blue plastic pieces are for the brake pedal.
The cylinder has the bearings in it and is held in place with the c clip and nut/bolt, then the pedal rod slides inside it.

Attachments

• DSC06317.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC06320.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC06327.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC06325.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 211
Thanks Matthon!! Mine is the pin type too. I shouldnt need a new pin though, Im gonna grind the welded washer off and inspect it. Nothing more I can do with it until I get the washer off.

Thanks!

It looks like you are missing the clip and bolt on the clutch pedal side as well. I'm not sure if Brewers has that.

From what I recall this is the H. D. pedal set up, but many feel it is not heavy duty at all.

Now is also a good time to straighten the clutch pedal if needed, mine was bent a little towards the brake pedal, I'm sure you have seen that before in other cars.

When I fixed mine I was going to pull the whole assembly out, but it looked like a real pain- how exactly did you get yours out?

Right now I got more time than $$, plus I have a sandblast cabinet, so I figger stuff I can do, Im doin. I regret getting the small s/b cabinet. It barely fits a sb intake. I'd love to build a walk-in cabinet!!

The pedals I had Brewers do were not mine so that's why I sent them off,When doing stuff for myself I also watch my pennies very close but Brewers is a good outfit to deal with goodluck

It looks like you are missing the clip and bolt on the clutch pedal side as well. I'm not sure if Brewers has that.

From what I recall this is the H. D. pedal set up, but many feel it is not heavy duty at all.

Now is also a good time to straighten the clutch pedal if needed, mine was bent a little towards the brake pedal, I'm sure you have seen that before in other cars.

When I fixed mine I was going to pull the whole assembly out, but it looked like a real pain- how exactly did you get yours out?

Hey Matt, the missing bolt and clip...are you talking about the 3rd pic?? If so, I have that, I just took a pic as to where it goes. It is the "HD" setup, 6 cyl ones have a much smaller spring.

I will look into the pedal and see if its bent. As far as getting my assembly out, I cant quite remember it's been a couple years....sorry. Most of my "before" pics are on my other computer that crashed!! I still gotta get it fixed to retrieve all the pics. I didnt get to do anything to the setup today.....it was nice out so it was yardwork today.....

-
Back