4 Spd?

-

joeboy

Reaction score
I am thinking about doing a 4spd conversion in my car, (bummer cause I just finished welding and painting the new floor pans) I have a F-body OD I was thinking about using. I am kinda worried about the 1st (3.09) to 2nd (1.67 maybe) shift and RPM drop.

Anybody using one?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
JOE

What is the rest of your drivetrain setup like? The 833 O/D's aren't known for their strength. I think Passon Performance has everything you need to beef it up though if you're going to be turning quite a bit or horsepower through it. It won't be too cheap though.

wish4hemi,

I am starting to think about scrapping my orig 273 plan for a 360. Looking for one now... Thinkin 9.5 comp, X heads, and comps 268XE hyd. I live in the thin air of denver, so that tones it down a bit... 8.75 with 3.91, it is intended t be a weekend cruiser. Very rarely see any track time.

I have looked into the Passon kit ($$$), and may just do a 4 spd for now, upgrade to Passon's kit later, when something goes "POP"

I don't like 3.09s. I like OD, even less. I sold every NON-OD 3.09 gearset I had to a guy who raced an AAR in F.A.S.T class. He had an engine that would spin high enough to use them. He claimed it reduced wheel hop off the line, but my 340 and 4.56 gears would spin out of the powerband too quickly and it didn't work for me.

outsider,

that wheel spin is exactly what I am worried about... That and a immediate BOG when you grab 2nd...

-
Back