4 speed and 8 3/4 oil?

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
I bought my 67 Barracuda Fastback in October of 06 and have changed the cam and of course the oil after break in. Going with the Hughes oil additive and probably some Valoline 10w30 for my next oil change to help protect the flat tappet lifters and cam. I haven't checked the lube levels in the 4 speed tranny or the rear end yet. I don't know how long the stuff has been in the tranny or rear end. Don't mind asking the previous owner but I was wanting to add fresh lube anyways and then start keeping track of the miles that I will put on it from here after. I know synthetics are the best but I hear claims of it being "to slippery for the old tranny" and was going to go with just basic dino stuff in the tranny and rear end. I'm not sure what's in the rear end far as differential but I did achieve dual wheel spin and the car went sideways so I assume it has a limited slip differential with 3.55 gears after doing the mark tire and driveshaft and count revolutions of driveshaft. I haven't checked exactly what I should run in the trans and rear end by looking in the books but what are you guys running? Thanks in advance.

I run amsoil GL-4 in the trans

Castrol sythetic GL-5 in the rear...make sure its something with the additive in it for sure grips

DONT put GL-5 in the trans...

-
Back