4 speed console

-

DEWEZE

Reaction score
I recenty bought a 69 Swinger 340 4 speed. The guy who I bought it from gave me a set of bucket seat and a console with the car. My question is where on the transmission hump dpes the console mount? Does anyone have a diagram or instruction on how to mount it?

The console mounts to a set of brackets that are welded to the transmission tunnel. IIRC RedFish was in the process of repopping the brackets, you may want to do a site search for console brackets since I've seen this subject in a thread here.

Part of the appeal of the '69 Swinger was the fact that it was a stripped down street racers dream. They did not come with buckets OR consoles. One of mine didn't even come with rear armrests. Adding a console and buckets will definately detract from a very cool car. I've owned 2 of them...both 340 4-speed cars. I definately prefer Swingers to GTS cars, and I'd suggest selling the buckets and console to the GTS people and run the bench seat 4-speed.

My '71 Demon is a 4-speed with a black and black/white plaid bench. It is sooooo cool.

-
Back