4 Speed Hole Help

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 63 Dart, 3 on the tree. Can someone please give me rough dimensions for the hole I need to cut for a 4 speed conversion? Thanks.

If you have the sheetmetal hump in hand, that would help immensely. If someone could get you a dimension from the floor board/firewall back to the center, that would be a start. (I only have experience w/ 67-69's.) Then place the hump on the floor and trace the outline. Cut inboard of the line approximately 1/2-1". The hole does NOT meet the hump walls line-to-line. There definitely was a lip where the floor extends past the vertical walls of the hump. They were not completely welded around the whole circumference, just short welds spaced around the edge. Then it was slathered with that heavy seam sealer. This is how to get a factory look but you can make adjustments as you want.

Be sure not to cut the crossmember out where it crosses the body. This is an integral strength point on the car.

Thanks yall. I just wanted to do something NOW. Sounds like it'll be best if I wait till I get the 4 speed hump. Probably gonna get the fiberglass one from Brewers when money allows.

I've got a factory 64 hump I am toying with selling. Also the column you can have the jacket for shipping cost.

Not sure if this will help but here is a pic of a factory hump.

Attachments

• 2013-06-29_12-21-31_397.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 193
  • 2013-06-29_12-22-24_800.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 210
I am interested. I sent you a PM last night.

-
Back