4 speed in A-body

-

rebuilder67

Reaction score
Need some help. I have a chance to buy a complete 4 spd set up for a small block config A-body. Local guy is selling a bell housing, inspection cover plate, clutch fork & throw-out, 4 spd trans, shifter, linkage rods, and the drive shaft. All for $550.00 and looks in very good condition. My problem is I'm building a BB383 in my 70 Dart Swinger. Can I make this work with just acquiring a BB bell housing & flywheel? Parts I don't have and would need are pedal sets and the flywheel. I see a lot of 10.5" BB bell housings on ebay. Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated. I think Schumacher makes a tri Y header that works on the dart with a BB & 4 spd configuration. Seems like I only get to touch this car every few months or so....

Thanks, All.

Daren.

you can take sb one and use on bb car just need to change the bell housing fly wheel etc. and im really digging in my brain but i think some old timers told me way back that shaft might bottom out on the crank don't hold me to it but for some resin that keeps coming in my head.

here a link with some information on the a833
http://www.brewersperformance.com/history.htm

if some guy is gonna sell you a complete 4-speed set up for $550 and there are no broken parts buy it . that is a great deal. The bell housing , covers and clutch linkage and fork wont work on the big block though so you'll have to buy that stuff.

Have you guys heard anything about SB vs BB trans gear ratios? This car will be a tunnel ram with a large cam. Not at all interested in speed... just want it to look and sound very mean...

Appreciate your comments. Thanks...

-
Back