4 Speed O/D???????

-

edison1962

Stays up late.
Reaction score
Ok guys, heres one I need help on... I came across a full size van in the local junk yard... it's about a 1984/85 and has 3 big custom windows down the left side.. also has a big stripe going down the side and up over the rear roof area and DUDE written in it, it also has the Aluminum Factory Turbine wheels and heres the kicker.... it's a floor shift stick... mounted to a 318. I've seen 3 speed O/D's before but on the shifter handle it has the shift pattern still visiable and it's a 4 speed O/D.. the O/D gear is to the right of 3rd gear.... anyone know of these or have seen one before.. I've thought about what gas miliage it would give in a small block "A" body and I can pick it up REALLY cheap... let me know what you think... here or at.. [email protected]

Thanks,
Bryan

Had one in my 73 road runner clone. That is if by 4 speed od it shows 1, 2, 3, O.D. and R (all the way left and forward was reverse in mine)

Hey again guys, I've seen the 3 speed O/D's before but this one clearly shows on the top of the stick... 1...2...3....4 and then up to the right. O/D !

So its actually a 5? speed???

Bryan

That sounds like one of the New Venture NV3500 5 speed trannies. This is an internal rail tranny with the shifter coming right out of the transmission. It will likely require some serious modifications to the floor to fit. Unlike the TKO Kiesler provides with there kits the shifter is in a fixed position so take some measurements to make sure you don't wind up with the lever coming through the floor in the back seat! ;)

-
Back